MCA Dies Of Cancer

We are going to take a break from our standard shenanigans for a moment of sobriety. Adam Yauch aka MCA (of the Beastie Boys) lost his ongoing fight against cancer today. Yauch was 47. As part of the legendary Beasties, Yauch has been part of all of us. For people of my generation, his music grew with us. Personally, License To Ill, was one of my earliest experiences with hip hop music period. I can make a roadmap of my life using their albums as landmarks. But their impact extends beyond me or even my generation. It is almost unheard of for any musical act to have the longevity or success that the Beasties have had, let alone maintain their high quality of output. MCA's music has opened the minds of literally millions. His positive philosophy and recordings will survive him. His early passing is absolutely tragic and shouldn't be treated with anything but the utmost respect and reverence. He and his music will be greatly missed. My condolences go out to his family.

Rest In Peace MCA Adam Yauch

No comments:

Post a Comment